Fallout 4 Survival Mode Beta

SirSalami

Bethesda Announces Fallout 4 Survival Mode Beta

ATTENTION MOD USERS: THIS OPTIONAL UPDATE WILL DISABLE YOUR MODS WHILE ACTIVE! 

This is to ensure that the new features can properly be tested. If you have previously opted-in, you must opt-out of the beta via Steam to continue using mods.

Phew, with that out of the way… the Survival Mode beta has launched! There is a lot of exciting stuff to take in here: the wellness system (which simulates hunger, thirst, and exhaustion), all new illnesses and antibiotics, crippled and broken limbs, and a long list of other masochistic immersive features to enhance gameplay! 

http://s21.postimg.org/rz9ztsa4n/survival.jpg

Image: “Not So Tasty” by Xazomm

As a big fan of the New Vegas Survival Mode and an even bigger fan of Skyrim's survival mods such as Frostfall and iNeed, I'm really excited about these additions. I think they'll add the desperate yet rewarding post-apocalyptic feeling that I felt was slightly missing after New Vegas. Bethesda even mentions four tenets of design regarding the new features: Strategy, Exploration, Resource Management, and Role Playing. Nice.

Sure, it'll likely be more difficult but as they say, nothing good ever comes easy. As one of the developers noted:

“My routine is completely different this time around. Sanctuary is my sanctuary. Each day I venture out in search of supplies, and I return home with stuff. I take it one day at time. I need to live.”

– Rick Vicens; BGS Animator, Survivor

http://s24.postimg.org/mxxvg9tw5/survival2.jpg

Image: “Show Off Your Settlements” by “Corfus

Sounds awesome! So if you're ready (remember, this update will disable modding while opted-in), give it a try and be sure to provide feedback to Bethesda. After all, it is a beta test and I'm sure your input will be invaluable. For the full story, head-over to the the official Bethesda Blog.

Good luck, out there!

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #36103150.

printerkop wrote: No mods, no dice..disabled steam from the network for now.
Mods are way more important to me then silly gameplay mechanics.

its only activates if youre opted in on steam if not it wont download and apply it, youll know if you have it if it says "[beta]" next to your fallout 4 in steam

and they removed the mods for testing purposes

In response to post #36103560.

mcchuggernaut wrote: Damnit, Bethesda! Modders are smart enough to know if something is wrong with their game to disable their mods first before blaming a patch! This is just an extra pain in the ass for modders, not actually useful. *facepalm*

modders? maybe, but mod users are not.

In response to post #36103485.

faresmasouty wrote: Couldnt even load the any save without the mods as the game crashes :P
not starting a new game for this ...opting out of beta for now

hope someone figures a workaround for this mess soon

remove your interfaces\*.swf files.

This is just the proof that they dont need mods to mess up with the testing... Edited by mcguffin

Yep, no mods, no cigar. Got a good idea of what few mods might conflict with whatever new records and the ability to remove/patch whatever does still conflict so this is pretty obnoxious.

( Yes I know alot of folks aren't as savvy but I'm still annoyed because I was excited and then this. xD )