Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta and an Important Notice to Survival Testers

SirSalami

http://s32.postimg.org/7isbcw9s5/creation_kit_logo.gif

Mod authors, and those soon to be... the wait is finally over. The Fallout 4 Creation Kit has been released in open beta! This means that everyone can finally get their hands on the software used to create the game. These tools will allow us much greater power and flexibility with which we can continue to expand the Fallout 4 universe.

There’s mention of mods being available for console players soon as well. I’d say more but I’m just as excited to get into the mix as you are. So here’s the info:

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4-creation-kit/2016/04/26/114

For those of you that have been participating the Fallout 4 Survival beta (not to be confused with the Creation Kit beta), you will need to once again update your Nexus Mod Manager (0.61.20) as the game’s method of managing plugins has changed again behind the scenes.

Download the latest version of NMM at with the following link:

http://nmm.nexusmods.com/Releases/4.5/Nexus%20Mod%20Manager-0.61.20.exe

Please note that due to some remaining issues we are having during the migration to HTTPS, the download from the "Install NMM" link will not deliver this latest version. So for the time being, use the link above until we can fix this. Thank you for your patience.

After updating and ensuring your plugins are enabled in the interface, you should be good to go.

If you aren’t using NMM or Bethesda.net and still wish to enable mods manually, please note that the usage of the plugins.txt file has changed. Though it's still located in your %appdata% directory (i.e., something like c:\users\sirsalami\appdata\local\fallout4), it no longer contains references to core files / dlc plugins. Also, you MUST add an asterisk (*) before the entry for each modded plugin. For instance, a properly enabled plugins.txt file will now look something like this:

# This file is used by Fallout4 to keep track of your downloaded content.

# Please do not modify this file.

*Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp

*LongerDeathReloadTime.esp

*DarkerNights.esp

*DarkerNightsDetection.esp

*Campsite.esp

*CMPA +150.esp

*SOS_SleepOrSave.esp

We’ll be updating the wiki to reflect these changes, accordingly.

It’s important to note that while the Creation Kit supports uploading your work directly to Bethesda.net, which seems to be very heavily geared toward end users and console enabled mods, authors will be in no way restricted from distributing their work elsewhere in the same manner they always have. Your creations will always have a home here.

So, this is what we’ve all be waiting for folks. Go get the kit and get your hands dirty! Though I have a few ideas of my own, I absolutely cannot wait to see the creations you come up with. It’s like a great vault has been opened, or something. ;)

Good luck, and happy modding!

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #37060890.

SirSalami wrote: http://s32.postimg.org/7isbcw9s5/creation_kit_logo.gif

Mod authors, and those soon to be... the wait is finally over. The Fallout 4 Creation Kit has been released in open beta! This means that everyone can finally get their hands on the software used to create the game. These tools will allow us much greater power and flexibility with which we can expand the Fallout 4 universe.

There’s mention of mods being available for console players soon as well. I’d say more, but I’m just as excited to get into the mix as you are, so here’s the info:

For those of you that have been participating the Fallout 4 Survival beta (not to be confused with the Creation Kit beta), you will need to once again update your Nexus Mod Manager (0.61.19) as the game’s method of managing plugins has changed again behind the scenes. After updating and ensuring your plugins are enabled in the interface, you should be good to go.

If you aren’t using NMM and enabling mods manually, please note that the usage of the plugins.txt file has changed. It’s now located in the game’s install directory (rather than %appdata%). It no longer contains references to core files / dlc plugins. You will also need to add an asterisk (*) before the entry for each modded plugin. For instance, a properly enabled plugins.txt file will now look something like this:

*DarkerNights.esp
*Campsite.esp
*CMPA +150.esp
*SOS_SleepOrSave.esp

It’s important to note that while the Creation Kit supports uploading your work directly to Bethesda.net, which seems to be very heavily geared toward end users and console enabled mods, authors will be in no way restricted from distributing their work elsewhere in the same manner they always have. Your creations will always have a home, here.

So, this is what we’ve all be waiting for folks. Go get the kit and get your hands dirty! Though I have a few ideas of my own, I absolutely cannot wait to see the creations you come up with. It’s like a great vault has been opened, or something. ;)

I would be using it now but the stupid Bethesda.Net launcher refuses to login. Bethesda is very quickly losing all respect I had for the company.

In response to post #37060890. #37061240 is also a reply to the same post.

Mod authors, and those soon to be... the wait is finally over. The Fallout 4 Creation Kit has been released in open beta! This means that everyone can finally get their hands on the software used to create the game. These tools will allow us much greater power and flexibility with which we can expand the Fallout 4 universe.

There’s mention of mods being available for console players soon as well. I’d say more, but I’m just as excited to get into the mix as you are, so here’s the info:

For those of you that have been participating the Fallout 4 Survival beta (not to be confused with the Creation Kit beta), you will need to once again update your Nexus Mod Manager (0.61.19) as the game’s method of managing plugins has changed again behind the scenes. After updating and ensuring your plugins are enabled in the interface, you should be good to go.

If you aren’t using NMM and enabling mods manually, please note that the usage of the plugins.txt file has changed. It’s now located in the game’s install directory (rather than %appdata%). It no longer contains references to core files / dlc plugins. You will also need to add an asterisk (*) before the entry for each modded plugin. For instance, a properly enabled plugins.txt file will now look something like this:

*DarkerNights.esp
*Campsite.esp
*CMPA +150.esp
*SOS_SleepOrSave.esp

It’s important to note that while the Creation Kit supports uploading your work directly to Bethesda.net, which seems to be very heavily geared toward end users and console enabled mods, authors will be in no way restricted from distributing their work elsewhere in the same manner they always have. Your creations will always have a home, here.

jet4571 wrote: I would be using it now but the stupid Bethesda.Net launcher refuses to login. Bethesda is very quickly losing all respect I had for the company.

jesus, calm down

In response to post #37060890. #37061240, #37061310 are all replies on the same post.

*DarkerNights.esp
*Campsite.esp
*CMPA +150.esp
*SOS_SleepOrSave.esp

jet4571 wrote: I would be using it now but the stupid Bethesda.Net launcher refuses to login. Bethesda is very quickly losing all respect I had for the company.
Internetservice wrote: jesus, calm down

I thought it was just me.. I saw this announcement earlier somewhere else and still haven't been able to log in, lol.

In response to post #37060890. #37061240, #37061310, #37061330 are all replies on the same post.

*DarkerNights.esp
*Campsite.esp
*CMPA +150.esp
*SOS_SleepOrSave.esp

Madpleasure wrote: I thought it was just me.. I saw this announcement earlier somewhere else and still haven't been able to log in, lol.

it is expected as everyone try to log in to grab the CK ... just be patient ^^

In response to post #37061470. #37061965 is also a reply to the same post.

omega2008 wrote: The plugin.txt is back to appdata location, no longer in game's folder. Time for NMM 0.61.20 update since it doesn't actually enable mods now.
SirSalami wrote: After double and triple checking, I can assure you that if you have the LATEST Fallout 4 beta patch (April 26), the game now utilizes the plugins.txt file that's in the install directory. The latest version of NMM indeed modifies this file successfully enabling the mods as intended.

Perhaps you have either not updated the Fallout 4 Beta or have not updated NMM? If either of these are old, you will have issues.

@SirSalami,
Does that mean if I update to the latest beta that I will be able to use my currently installed (non-CK) mods without having to use a wonky work around?
I had to reinstall the entire game, DLC, and patches (besides the beta) to enable my mods after the last BS, so not trying to deal with no mods (meaning I won't play until a fix) again.

In response to post #37061470. #37061965, #37062160 are all replies on the same post.

omega2008 wrote: The plugin.txt is back to appdata location, no longer in game's folder. Time for NMM 0.61.20 update since it doesn't actually enable mods now.
SirSalami wrote: After double and triple checking, I can assure you that if you have the LATEST Fallout 4 beta patch (April 26), the game now utilizes the plugins.txt file that's in the install directory. The latest version of NMM indeed modifies this file successfully enabling the mods as intended.

Perhaps you have either not updated the Fallout 4 Beta or have not updated NMM? If either of these are old, you will have issues.
Underprivlidged wrote: @SirSalami,
Does that mean if I update to the latest beta that I will be able to use my currently installed (non-CK) mods without having to use a wonky work around?
I had to reinstall the entire game, DLC, and patches (besides the beta) to enable my mods after the last BS, so not trying to deal with no mods (meaning I won't play until a fix) again.

But that's the thing, the game updated again around 1 hour ago with this:

Fallout 4 1.5 Steam Update (1.5.157)
- Fixed issue with plugins.txt file being written to wrong directory

Edit: The reply I replied to vanished while writing this. Oh well. Edited by omega2008

In response to post #37060890. #37061240, #37061310, #37061330, #37061370 are all replies on the same post.

Mod authors, and those soon to be... the wait is finally over. The Fallout 4 Creation Kit has been released in open beta! This means that everyone can finally get their hands on the software used to create the game. These tools will allow us much greater power and flexibility with which, we can expand the Fallout 4 universe.

*DarkerNights.esp
*Campsite.esp
*CMPA +150.esp
*SOS_SleepOrSave.esp

Madpleasure wrote: I thought it was just me.. I saw this announcement earlier somewhere else and still haven't been able to log in, lol.
Samurok wrote: it is expected as everyone try to log in to grab the CK ... just be patient ^^

I had to try logging in about 5 times and it went through. I actually went to reset my password, it told me I can't use my old password, so tried it again twice and it logged in. Might work for ya, maybe not. I can't get anything to load in the CK, and am not ready to just start fresh (a bit rusty from my NV tinkering), so logging in might not even matter to you.