We're Hiring: Web Developer Position

Dark0ne

As of September 2018 we are no longer recruiting for this position.

We’re looking for a full stack web developer who wants to be working with the latest technology to join our team at our new office in Exeter, UK. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in multiple programming languages with experience working on high traffic websites. 

The Role

With billions of downloads and millions of users we have plenty of interesting projects to work on. You’d be joining our established web team which currently consists of 5 programmers and a designer whose primary responsibility is the Nexus Mods website and everything around it:-

1. Nexusmods.com runs on PHP with a MySQL backend via Linux and Apache (LAMP). This stack uses load balancing from nginx and various caching methods like APC and Redis.
  2. We also have various other services such as our API which is written in Ruby on Rails.
  3. Git, Docker, Vagrant and Kubernetes are used for deployment and development.
  4. We utilise cloud services such as CDN, AWS and S3.
  5. Node-JS, Jquery and Vue are used in some services. 

We're not specifically looking for a PHP developer and we’re not expecting you to be an expert at everything we're using but you’ll need production experience with at least one web framework and be comfortable with all related technologies to that framework. Ultimately, we’re looking for people who are keen to learn and flexible in their approach with a strong web background.

We’re currently hard at work on the Nexus Mods website and we have a long list of features that we’d like you to help us realise. We work as closely as possible to an agile project management scheme and every team member’s input is highly valued - we’re looking for people who can constructively discuss ideas in our programming meetings.

Responsibilities

• Working as part of the web team to maintain the Nexus Mods website, fixing bugs and adding new features.
  • Participating in team meetings, keeping track of your workflow using project management tools.
  • Working with everyone at Nexus Mods to shape the future of our platform.

Requirements and Skills

• Very strong skills in at least one major web programming language 
  • Knowledge of javascript & javascript frameworks
  • CSS & HTML5
  • Strong communication skills both verbally and written (English).
  • Right to work in the UK

Bonus Skills

• Everything listed in our technology stack
  • Comfortable using Linux
  • Sysadmin / Devops experience with LAMP
  • Experience with code testing
  • An understanding of games modding and knowledge of Nexus Mods
  • A sense of humour
  • A love of computer games

Other Information

• We will offer a competitive market rate salary dependent on your level.
  • We will provide high spec hardware for you to work from in the office.
  • For the right candidates we may be able to assist with relocation expenses and logistics. 

To Apply

In order to apply, please send an email to [email protected] with your CV and why you’d be suitable for this role.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #48637067.

Dark0ne wrote: We’re looking for two mid-level to senior web developers to join our team at our new office in Exeter, UK. The ideal candidate will be multi-skilled with experience working on high traffic websites.

The Role

You’d be joining our established web team which currently consists of 3 programmers whose primary responsibility is the Nexus Mods website and everything around it. Our stack consists of a mixture of technologies - Linux, Apache, NginX, PHP, MySQL, APC, Redis, Ruby, Rails, Bash, Git, Puppet, Vagrant, Javascript, Jquery, CSS, HTML and everything in between.

We’re currently hard at work on the next iteration of the Nexus Mods website and we have a long list of features that we’d like you to help us realise. We work as closely as possible to an agile project management scheme and every team member’s input is highly valued - we’re looking for people who can constructively discuss ideas in our programming meetings.

You’ll need production experience with PHP/MySQL and be comfortable with all related technologies.

Ultimately, we’re looking for people who are keen to learn and flexible in their approach with a strong web background.

Responsibilities

Working as part of the web team to maintain the Nexus Mods website, fixing bugs and adding new features. Participating in team meetings, keeping track of your workflow using project management tools. Working with everyone at Nexus Mods to shape the future of our platform.

Requirements and Skills

• PHP
  • MySQL
  • Javascript & Javascript Frameworks
  • CSS & HTML5
  • Strong communication skills both verbally and written (English).
  • Right to work in the UK

Bonus Skills

• Comfortable using Linux
  • Sysadmin / Devops experience with LAMP
  • Ruby / Rails
  • Experience with code testing
  • An understanding of games modding and knowledge of Nexus Mods
  • A sense of humour
  • A love of computer games

Other Information

• We will offer a competitive market rate salary dependent on your level.
  • We will provide high spec hardware for you to work from in the office.
  • For the right candidates we may be able to assist with relocation expenses and logistics. 

To Apply

In order to apply, please send an email to [email protected] with your CV and why you’d be suitable for this role.

Sounds like fun. I'm not in the UK though.

Brexit just impedes me for even attempting an position... I have Italian Citizenship, have extensive english knowledge, and before Brexit I was thinking about moving to the UK, I simply love your country...

Anyway, if by any means there are spots opening in the future that cover communication areas (I have partial formation in Film Making, multimedia, and marketing) I would be glad to know, even tho chances are slim for me to actually get an visa to work there... Specially because I do intend to finish college abroad. I wouldn't mind working my arse off and studying at night-time, but idk how these things work there in the UK. I may try in the foreseeable future apply for an visa there, but Italian bureaucracy has been delaying most of my documents which I still need to even try for that...

As for this position, although I do have knowledge about the requirements, I lack real skills on those, would need to sit on my arse and study all of that again hahaha

Good Luck finding a suitable candidate! ;)

PS: I'm Brazilian btw, not that it holds any kind of importance besides the 3 language factor...

Edited by Guest

In response to post #48678922.

jimmywalnut wrote: Brexit just impedes me for even attempting an position... I have Italian Citizenship, have extensive english knowledge, and before Brexit I was thinking about moving to the UK, I simply love your country...

Anyway, if by any means there are spots opening in the future that cover communication areas (I have partial formation in Film Making, multimedia, and marketing) I would be glad to know, even tho chances are slim for me to actually get an visa to work there... Specially because I do intend to finish college abroad. I wouldn't mind working my arse off and studying at night-time, but idk how these things work there in the UK. I may try in the foreseeable future apply for an visa there, but Italian bureaucracy has been delaying most of my documents which I still need to even try for that...

As for this position, although I do have knowledge about the requirements, I lack real skills on those, would need to sit on my arse and study all of that again hahaha

Good Luck finding a suitable candidate! ;)

PS: I'm Brazilian btw, not that it holds any kind of importance besides the 3 language factor...

The UK hasn't left Europe yet and you've got up to 2 years to still make use of free movement of labour. Once you're in, you're in. It's pretty much guaranteed that EU citizens working in the UK already will be able to stay once any Brexit deal is struck with the EU.